The Women’s Foundation of Minnesota (WFM) is a statewide community foundation investing in innovation to drive gender and racial equity. Korwin Consulting has partnered closely with the Foundation since 2015 by integrating evaluation into its strategies to advance equity for women and girls, with an emphasis on communities of color and low-income and immigrant communities. Korwin Consulting serves as the evaluator for many of the Foundation’s initiatives:
- Korwin Consulting is evaluating the Young Women’s Initiative (YWI). A public-private partnership between the Women’s Foundation of Minnesota and the state of Minnesota, YWI is a multi-year, multi-million-dollar investment to achieve equity in opportunities and to improve the lives of young women of color, American Indian young women, young women from Greater Minnesota, LGBTQ youth, and young women with disabilities.
- Korwin Consulting is also working with the Foundation to evaluate girlsBEST (Girls Building Economic Success Together), a grantmaking program to build the economic power of girls, ages 12–18.
- Korwin Consulting has worked closely with the Foundation to evaluate Minnesota Girls Are Not For Sale, a $7.5 million campaign, launched in November 2011 to end sex trafficking in Minnesota through grantmaking, research, public education, and policy change. Most recent evaluation efforts have focused on understanding the impact of demand-reduction strategies, prevention strategies, and outreach and services to those most impacted by sexual exploitation provided by key community partners in advance of and during the 2018 Super Bowl in Minneapolis.
- Korwin Consulting also works with the Foundation to develop and implement evaluation strategies that will maximize the impact of its grantmaking programs, including helping them build the evaluation capacity of its Pathways to Prosperity (P2P) grantees who are leading programs to build women’s and girls’ economic security at or in close partnership with community colleges.
- Korwin Consulting is also partnering with the Foundation to evaluate implementation and impact of its strategic plan as well as to support the Foundation in continuing to deepen its culture of reflection and learning.